Yagoori & Lasanod: Mom & Dad

Next at bat is where my Mother and Father grew up for half of their lives. Yagoori, roughly 55km away from Lasanod, is more of a small town in the outskirts of a small city (Lasanod). Ideally, I think a day spent in Yagoori appreciating my mother's hometown will be more than enough. What will be more interesting is to see what Lasanod is like.

Lasanod, translated as "oasis of milk" due to their rich livestock, is the captial of the Sool region of Somalia with the majority of the inhabitants belonging to the sub-clan I belong to, Dhulbahante. My time in Lasanod will be centered around visiting and connecting with family members I have not seen in a while as well as meeting family I have heard many stories about. Currently, my grandmother resides in Lasanod on land my father bought which is where we plan to stay for the most part. Lasanod will be a refreshing time before moving on to the big city known as Mogadishu.

Lasanod

Mom & Dad (1990)